Lawyer In Valencia …
Finding a good lawyer in Valencia is the first step when buying a property and getting one you can trust is essential. Not taking detailed account of the legal implications can be time consuming and costly.
Lawyer in Valencia & Real Estate Agents
This is because the priority of most estate agents is to sell the property so finding an independent lawyer is essential.
Lawyer in Valencia ~ Getting Legal Advice
In Spain the word for lawyer, solicitor or attorney is abogado. You can contact your Consulate in Valencia and they will provide you with a list of lawyers who speak your language. The British Embassy is in Madrid at Torre Espacio, Paseo de la Castellana 259D, 28046 Madrid, Tel: 902 109 356.
Another option is to ask people you know who have already purchased a property in the area.
Lawyer in Valencia ~ How Much Will It Cost?
This is at the top of most people’s list. It’s normally 1% of the sale price but some lawyers charge a fee instead so ask before you get the ball rolling.
- Some lawyers charge a fee on top of this and others charge an hourly fee.
- Most offer an initial consultation which is free (confirm when making appointment).
- You can then discuss their charges and other information you need.
The Colegio de Abogados publish a booklet each year with approximate/minimum fees so it’s worth getting a copy of this.
Looking For A Lawyer In Valencia?
Some years ago a lawyer assisted a couple who were buying a property on the UK program ‘A Place in the Sun’ and were happy with the service she provided. This lawyer has the
Qualifications & Work Experience: Admitted to the Valencian Bar in 1998, she has worked as a lawyer in both Spain and England and specializes in residential and commercial property conveyancing, and inheritance law for residents and non residents.
- With an international background of legal experience, she works to assist the needs of investors, second home owners and expatriates in Spain.
- People who wish to purchase or sell properties in Spain and who may also need assistance with related transactions, inheritance and other legal matters.
- Fees are not based on a percentage of the sale price, as is so often the case, but on the service provided. Fees charged are based on the recommended fees by the Valencia Law Society.
Expertise is in the following areas:
- Property law
- Inheritance law: Last will and testament and estate transfer to heirs.
- Legal translations
Provides an independent legal advise with the following procedures:
- Checking ownership at the Land Registry
- Contract negotiation
- Bilingual assistance at Notary
- Balancing the payable taxes
- Utility contract name changes and direct debit establishment
- Tenancy agreements
Complete the form below and the lawyer will get back to you as soon as possible.
BENEFITS OF BUYING A PROPERTY IN VALENCIA …
There are many benefits of buying property in Valencia.
- The climate is good and cost of living is much cheaper than many northern European countries.
- Prices are much lower than they used to be.